This script will allow you to play the game with controls seen on modern city builders, like wasd to move the camera around. Note that is was created as a personal preference binding for my own use. But i though sharing this with you.
* [WASD] -> moves camera up, left, down, right respectively. This is NOT the same as using the keyboard arrows. Instead, it's the same as moving the mouse to the edge of the screen. In other words, WASD will not add that horrible delay that you see when using the arrow keys.
* [Q] -> rotates camera clockwise
* [E] -> rotates camera counter-clockwise
* [keyboard pause button] -> pauses the game. Of course, the original "P" still works. Some modern games use space for pause, but Pharaoh uses it for overlay switch, so i didn't rebind "space".
* [-] -> reduces the game speed
* [+] -> increases the game speed
* [/] -> sets the game speed to minimum (10%)
* [*] -> sets the game speed to "normal" (70%)
Additionally, you can move the camera with middle mouse button + "mouse move", but keep in mind that this one is clumsy. It's nowhere near being finished.
How to use?
Just install AutoHotKey (https://www.autohotkey.com) and then open this script.
Note: this script only works with Pharaoh+Cleopatra, since it expects a game window with the text "Pharaoh (Cleopatra Expansion)"