After a 6-8 year hiatus, I took up the game again. Back then, I played at very hard.
This mission is not my crowning achievement, nor is it my normal style. Anyway ....
don't want to mess with high level housing? Don't want to mess with river trade?
Don't want to mess with every possible export (and therefore, related imports)?
Want to build small? Then have a look at my Simple Saqqara. All houses are
Ordinary Cottages. Simple. All trade is done by land. Simple. Population is just
a bit over the minimum. The only exports are linen and jewelry (and even then,
I didn't set up the jewelry industry until late in the mission out of boredom and
to help soak up unemployment).
Note: I was way over-producing pomegranates.
Victory will be triggered when the last load of stone is set into place.
1. No debt ever, no rescue funds
2. Everything must be paid for (no free roads or gardens, etc)
3. No festivals, no blessings, no curses
4. No gifts to Pharaoh or the city
5. No future knowledge
6. The final city will function without player intervention (excluding something
the player has no control over, such as a scripted mine collapse, etc)
7. All requests will be met within the inital timeframe.
I forgot to write down the final scores but the mission was played at hard and
completed in 132 months (not the fastest time out there).